Recipe by yogamom
This is always in my house. My family loves this recipe with or without milk. This is really good with yogurt too!
Top Review by hippiemamaz
Best Granola EVER! I used 1/2 cup almonds and 1/2 cup pecans and added some ground flax seeds, wheat germ, and sun flower seeds for extra healthiness! I love how this is so easy to add variations! Thanks!
- 6 cups old fashioned oats (not quick cooking)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nuts (your choice I like pecans and almonds)
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil (not olive oil)
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I really like almond) or 1 teaspoon almond extract (I really like almond)
- 1⁄2-1 cup dried fruit, of your choice (I sometimes leave the fruit out)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Mix oats, sugar, salt, nuts and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Heat honey and oil over med low heat until warm.
- Remove from heat and add extract.
- Pour over oats and mix to coat.
- Pour onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 40 miutes stirring halfway through- be sure not to over cook, granola will crisp while cooling.
- Add dried fruit.
- Store in an airtight container.