1/1 Photo of Granola With Pepitos
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Here's my granola version using green, pumpkin seed kernels. Delicious with soy milk for breakfast or snack.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, for greasing pan
- 1 cup jaggery or 1 cup brown sugar
- 6 cups rolled oats, not quick oats
- 1 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds (pepitos)
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup seedless raisin
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees and lightly grease bottom of pan.
- 2Break-up the jaggery or brown sugar lumps.
- 3In a large shallow pan combine all ingredients EXCEPT the coconut flakes and raisins.
- 4Bake for about an hour stirring every 10-minutes.
- 5Add the coconut flakes and continue baking.
- 6When coconut is nicely browned, granola is done; remove pan from oven.
- 7Add raisins and stir until combined. Taste to adjust salt, sugar and cinnamon.
- 8When cool, store in a jar with a tight fitting lid.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Granola With Pepitos
Serving Size: 1 (1164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1674.5
- Calories from Fat 605
- Total Fat 67.2 g
- Saturated Fat 30.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1190.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 241.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 27.9 g
- Sugars 100.9 g
- Protein 44.2 g