Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe comes from the Victoria House on the Island of Ambergis Cay (Belize), however I've modified it slightly. There are so many substitution possibilities!
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely broken cashews or 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely broken walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons mild-flavored molasses or 2 tablespoons sorghum
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup craisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricot (or1/2 cup fruit of choice)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix first 6 ingredients in large bowl.
- Whisk together maple syrup and next 4 ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stir to evenly coat.
- Transfer to large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes, stir.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 additional minutes.
- Mix in raisins/craisins and dried fruit.
- Return to oven and bake until fruit is heated through and granola is slightly darker, about 10 additional minutes.
- Cool completely on sheet.
- Transfer to airtight container.
- Store at room temperature for up to a month.