Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Recipe comes from the Victoria House on the Island of Ambergis Cay (Belize), however I've modified it slightly. There are so many substitution possibilities!
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely broken cashews or 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely broken walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons mild-flavored molasses or 2 tablespoons sorghum
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup craisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricot (or1/2 cup fruit of choice)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix first 6 ingredients in large bowl.
- Whisk together maple syrup and next 4 ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stir to evenly coat.
- Transfer to large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes, stir.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 additional minutes.
- Mix in raisins/craisins and dried fruit.
- Return to oven and bake until fruit is heated through and granola is slightly darker, about 10 additional minutes.
- Cool completely on sheet.
- Transfer to airtight container.
- Store at room temperature for up to a month.