Galley Wench's Note:
Recipe comes from the Victoria House on the Island of Ambergis Cay (Belize), however I've modified it slightly. There are so many substitution possibilities!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup coarsely broken cashews or 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup coarsely broken walnuts or 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons mild-flavored molasses or 2 tablespoons sorghum
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins or 1/2 cup craisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricot (or1/2 cup fruit of choice)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Mix first 6 ingredients in large bowl.
- 3Whisk together maple syrup and next 4 ingredients.
- 4Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stir to evenly coat.
- 5Transfer to large rimmed baking sheet.
- 6Bake 15 minutes, stir.
- 7Bake until golden brown, about 15 additional minutes.
- 8Mix in raisins/craisins and dried fruit.
- 9Return to oven and bake until fruit is heated through and granola is slightly darker, about 10 additional minutes.
- 10Cool completely on sheet.
- 11Transfer to airtight container.
- 12Store at room temperature for up to a month.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Granola With Cashews and Dried Fruit
Serving Size: 1 (890 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 717.4
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 135.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 49.3 g
- Protein 13.5 g