Recipe by GrillKing
From Betty Crocker Mobile Substitution You can use almost any flavor of yogurt in these waffles. Raspberry, vanilla and strawberry-banana are great alternatives. Did You Know? Waffle irons come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Each waffle iron uses a different amount of batter, so you may end up with fewer or more waffles. Time Saver Skip making the sauce, and top these waffles with a dollop of yogurt and a sprinkle of additional granola Nutrition Information: 1 Waffle: Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 35); Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 115mg; Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 11g); Protein 3g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 4%; Iron 2% Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2 *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Top Review by Sydney Mike
We thoroughly enjoyed these waffles, what with the whole wheat flour & the granola! Also went with the berry sauce, & although it would probably have been much better with fresh strawberries, this time around I roughly chopped some thawed from frozen ones to use! Will certainly make these again! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef]
- 2⁄3 cup maple-flavored syrup
- 2⁄3 cup raspberry jam or 2⁄3 cup preserves
- 1 cup strawberry, cut into fourths
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick, mix
- 1⁄2 cup granola cereal
- 1⁄2 cup gold medal whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) containeryoplait original strawberry yogurt (2/3 cup)
- Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In 1 1/2-quart saucepan, heat syrup and jam to boiling, stirring occasionally. Stir in strawberries; remove from heat and keep warm.
- 2. Heat waffle iron; grease with shortening if necessary (or spray with cooking spray before heating).
- 3. In medium bowl, stir all waffle ingredients until blended. Pour batter by 2/3 cupfuls onto center of hot waffle iron; close lid.
- 4. Bake 2 to 3 minutes or until steaming stops and waffle is golden brown. Carefully remove waffle. Serve with sauce. Top with Cool Whip.