Recipe by shelly808
I made this granola recipe up myself. It is sooooo delicious, nutritious and not too sweet. It seems like a lot of ingredients but its really not! Super easy!
- 6 cups rolled oats (NOT quick oats)
- 2 cups puffed kamut cereal
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- 1 cup dried cherries or 1 cup cranberries
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 pinches fresh grated nutmeg
- 1 pinch clove
- 1 pinch dried ginger
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup real maple syrup or 1⁄2 cup Agave
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup good quality vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 3 tablespoons natural-style peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons chia seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250 deg. Grease 2 cookie sheets.
- Mix all dry ingredients including fruit in an extra large bowl.
- Use Mila brand Chia -- Make a paste:.
- In a small bowl mix briskly and well; 3 scoops (6 T) of Mila with 1 cup water. Set Aside. If you do not have Mila, you can use regular chia. NOTE: Mila is best as nutritional value is ensured and seeds are cold fractured open for greater bioavailability of nutrients. it is not sold in stores, if you wish to it go to: genesispure.com/honolulu.
- Mix remaining wet ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Pour wet mixture into dry and mix well with clean hands - About 5 minutes of constant mixing for all dry ingredients to be coated.
- Spread 1/4 of the mixture onto each cookie sheet. Bake on center rack at 250 deg for 1 hr and 5 or 10 minutes… gently stirring mixture about 3 times during baking process to ensure even texture. Granola gets crunchy as it cools. Repeat with second half of mixture. Store in airtight container(s). ENJOY!