Babs in Toyland's Note:
A good breakfast granola bar that isn't crumbly, but is crunchy and delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour or 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 1/2 cup Grape-nuts cereal
- 1/2 cup raw peanuts
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup safflower oil or 1/2 cup corn oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- 2Coat a 11 1/2 by 16 1/2 jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
- 3Set aside.
- 4In a large bowl, combine the oats, sunflower seeds, wheat germ, flour, milk, Grape-Nuts cereal, peanuts, pecans, walnuts, raisins and almonds.
- 5In a 2 cup measuring bowl beat together the oil, honey, water, cinnamon and vanilla.
- 6Pour over dry mixture coating thoroughly.
- 7Spread granola in the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- 8Leave mixture in the oven about an hour until cool.
- 9Granola should be very crisp.
- 10Cut into squares and store in a covered container.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Granola Squares
Serving Size: 1 (1219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.9
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 22.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 4.5 g