Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A good breakfast granola bar that isn't crumbly, but is crunchy and delicious.
Make and share this Granola Squares recipe from Food.com.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour or 1⁄2 cup unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 1⁄2 cup Grape-nuts cereal
- 1⁄2 cup raw peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup safflower oil or 1⁄2 cup corn oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Coat a 11 1/2 by 16 1/2 jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, sunflower seeds, wheat germ, flour, milk, Grape-Nuts cereal, peanuts, pecans, walnuts, raisins and almonds.
- In a 2 cup measuring bowl beat together the oil, honey, water, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Pour over dry mixture coating thoroughly.
- Spread granola in the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- Leave mixture in the oven about an hour until cool.
- Granola should be very crisp.
- Cut into squares and store in a covered container.
I've tried several granola recipes but this one was actually "approved" by my son, who's a picky eater. I used "raw" wheat germ, and was really satisfied with the end result