Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Transform regular whole grains, nuts and seed into a nimory experience like no granola you've ever had. Eat organically to get better flavors, less poisons, and most importantly, to help steer the "really big ship" in the right direction. It adds up!
- 1 1⁄2 cups organic rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup organic rolled barley
- 1⁄2 cup organic walnut pieces
- 1⁄2 cup organic pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons organic sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon organic sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup organic chopped dried cherries
- 1⁄4 cup organic dried blueberries
- 2 tablespoons organic butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 2 cups organic vanilla yogurt
- In a large preheated skillet on medium heat add the ingredients sequentially to the pan. Toast large items first, and work towards the smaller. This keeps things from burning. Keep the pan pretty hot, and always moving. t can be done quickly, or slowly. It's safer to stir than to pan flip. The point is to toast evenly, quickly, and to get some real heat into the mass without burning for the presentation --
- Add to hot pan:.
- 1.5 cups organic rolled oats.
- .5 cups organic rolled barley.
- 1 tablespoon butter (quickly stir in to avoid burning).
- Toast for approximately 5 minutes. STIR STIR STIR.
- When it starts to get fragrant add:.
- .5 cups organic walnut pieces.
- .5 cups organic pumpkin seeds.
- 1 tablespoon butter.
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamin.
- (Get your bowls of yogurt ready now. Place 1/4 Cup Yogurt to one side of each bowl.).
- Toast another few minutes. STIR STIR STIR.
- When the Pumpkin Seeds start popping and puffing up, add:.
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed.
- 1 tablesppon sesame seeds.
- STIR STIR STIR. Toast for just a minute or two more, depending upon how hot your pan is. Then Add:.
- .5 cups organic chopped dried cherries.
- .25 cups organic dried blueberries.
- Toss fruits in quickly.
- 1/3 cup granola.
- into each waiting bowl of yogurt.
- IMPORTANT Keep the yogurt and granola on opposite sides of the bowl to keep the hot cold contrast.
- Swirl some maple syrup over the top of the bowls like it was pancakes. You will get a "Fajita Sizzle" as the syrup sinks inches It lasts a good few minutes, or until your swirl it all together!
- Serve Hot!
- Additions: any dried fruits, nuts, seeds, coconut.
I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet. It's delicious, easy the first time and great for left overs. I don't adhere strictly to the recipe but it's generally just a great breakfast!
OMG, This is the best tasting cereal I have ever made. It really does sizzle. I used vanilla soy yogurt when I made it. It has real staying power too with all the protein from the nuts. Great recipe Random!