Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
I got this recipe from my sister. It had 6 grams of protein but I wanted a bar with more protein so I revised it by adding whey protein powder and nuts.
- 3 cups uncooked quick oats
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 2⁄3 cup whey protein powder
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup craisins or 1 cup any dried fruit
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1 cup chopped peanuts or 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup peanut butter
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl. Melt honey and peanut butter in microwave about 1 minute. Pour over mixture and stir to blend. Press into sprayed 18x14 pan or pan size of your choice. Cut into 36 pieces, 2"x3 1/2" Wrap individually in tin foil if you like.
- NOTE: Nutritional value for 1/3 cup protein whey powder; 120 calories, 2 grams fat, 70 grams chol., 2 carbs(1 of sugar), 23 grams protein, 170 grams potassium.