Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I don't know that it's as healthy as it sounds, but it sure tastes great!
- 1 1⁄4 cups maple granola
- 1 1⁄4 cups almond granola
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 8 -9 fresh peaches, skinned pitted and thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup frozen yogurt, any flavor
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Pour the gronola into a medium mixing bowl.
- In a 1 qt.
- saucepan, over low heat, whisk together the butter and brown sugar.
- Add this mixture to the granola, blending well with a spatula.
- Blend the egg whites into the mixture with the spatual.
- (The mixture will be pretty thick) Place the mixture into an ungreased 10in.
- baking dish, spreading the granola evenly around the dish and up the sides to form a crust.
- In another medium size mixing bowl, combine the peaches, sugar, cinnamon, and cornstarch.
- Pour the filling evenly over the cust.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the peach mixture is set and the crust is browned lightly.
- Remove from the oven and let cool While pie cools, prepare the sauce.
- In a 1 qt saucepan, whisk together the cream and sugar over medium heat.
- Bring toa boil and reduce heat to warm.
- Whisk together the egg yolks, flour, vanilla, and salt until smooth.
- Pour the entire mixture into the saucepan.
- Cook over very low het.
- Stir constantly witha wooden spoon until the nmixture begins to thicken, about 8-10 minutes (do not boil).
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the frozen yogurt until it is melted.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Serve spooned over the pie.