Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I made this pie for the first time when I hosted Thanksgiving last year. Everyone loved it. This recipe is definately a keeper!
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons water (give or take depending consistency of dough)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 nature valley crunchy granola bars (Crushed)
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- Crust: Cut Shortening into Flour in a large mixing bowl.
- Add Salt.
- Add Water 1 Tablespoon at a time while kneading until you've reached desired consistency (not too stiff or sticky).
- You can use your own pie crust recipe or a store bought crust if you like.
- Pie Filling: In a saucepan, melt butter.
- Add brown sugar and corn syrup and stir until sugar is completely dissolved. (DO NOT BOIL!).
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat eggs, vanilla and salt for about 30 seconds.
- Add sugar mixture, granola bars, oatmeal and walnuts and stir everything together.
- Add chocolate chips last so they don't melt.
- Pour filling into pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.