Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
from a Pillsbury cookbook. It was submitted by Kendra Norris of Crossville, TN.
- 2 cups Reese's Puffs cereal
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 tablespoons peanut butter
- 12 slices sandwich bread
- 4 peanut butter granola bars, finely crushed (crunchy)
- 6 tablespoons marshmallow creme
- Place cereal in gallon-size resealable food-storage plastic bag. With flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin, crush cereal until very fine, making 1 1/3 cups crumbs. Place on large plate; set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, and vanilla with wire whisk until well blended. Spread 2 tablespoons peanut butter on each of 6 slices of bread. Sprinkle each with about 2 tablespoons crushed granola bars.
- Spread 1 tablespoon marshmallow creme on remaining 6 slices of bread. Top peanut butter-spread bread with marshmallow-spread bread, marshmallow side down, making 6 sandwiches.
- Spray griddle or 12-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat to 350 degrees F. or over medium heat. Dip each side of each sandwich into egg mixture, then coat each side with cereal crumbs; place on hot griddle. Cook 2 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve warm; if desired, sere with maple or chocolate-flavored syrup.