1/5 Photos of Granola - Oats, Fruits & Nuts
Chicagoland Chef du Jour's Note:
Very easy and yummy. Eat by the fistfuls or sprinkle on your cereal, yogurt or ice cream. Recipe can easily be doubled. Use any dried fruits or nuts that you like. UPDATE: 11/5/08 I added an extra 1 cup of oatmeal to the recipe to make the granola less sticky and easier to sprinkle on cereal. Either way you make it, you're in for a treat. YUM! **Please be careful with your baking time. It may take less than 20 minutes to toast. Watch carefully!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray or use a silicon matt. The baking sheet must have sides or use a 9x12 pan.
- 3Bake oats for 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- 4In a medium bowl, sprayed with nonstick cooking oil: combine Oats, nuts, fruits.
- 5In glass measuring cup: combine honey, vanilla, butter and salt. Warm in microwave for 10 seconds. Stir.
- 6Drizzle the honey mixture over the oat mixture, stirring constantly until well coated.
- 7Return granola mixture to oven and bake an additional 20 minutes or until oats are lightly toasted & browned.
- 8Cool granola completely. It will become crunchier as it cools.
- 9Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Granola - Oats, Fruits & Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (499 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 639.6
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 153.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 57.2 g
- Protein 12.8 g