Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Forget spending money on all those meal replacement bars that have a bad after taste. Make your own with this great recipe. I found it online somewhere. These are great to eat before a hard workout. Each bar has around 200 calories. I don't recommend this one for weight loss because it does have a higher fat content. If you are trying to lose weight check out some of my other meal replacement bar recipes.
- 2 1⁄2 cups natural-style peanut butter
- 2 cups honey
- 2 1⁄4 cups protein powder
- 3 cups uncooked oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup wheat bran
- In a double boiler, warm the peanut butter and honey to a smooth consistency. This step can be done in the microwave as well--just heat both ingredients for 70 to 90 seconds.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together all remaining dry ingredients. Pour in the peanut-butter mixture and stir until completely combined.
- Spread uniformly into a brownie pan. Slice into 12 to 16 pieces, then wrap each piece in plastic wrap. Refrigerate or freeze before cutting if mixture does not seem to be hard enough.
- Each Granola Nut Protein Bar costs 25 to 35 cents to make, as opposed to 99 cents and up for store-bought energy bars. On top of that, if you do use organic ingredients, you won't believe the difference!
Haven't made these yet, but wanted to give everyone a heads up on the calories. They are nowhere near 200 calories a piece. These are more of a weight gaining or "bulking" bar, definitely not a snack for those looking to lose weight!
16 servings will cost you about 500 calories a bar
12 servings will cost about 650 calories
Wow! No, I won't ever buy another granola nut protein bar! These are great! And so easy to make! Once in the brownie pan I did need to chill a bit for them to slice up nicely. They didn't stick to the pan either. I confess that I didn't have natural-style peanut butter, I used Jif; however, you can easily control the quality and taste of these by using high-end and organic products when making them. Love 'em! Thanks, Seesko! Made for Vegetarian Recipe Swap.