Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great muffin to make for breakfast or anytime. SUPER easy and the kids love it!! I tweaked another recipe that I found posted here...omitting some fat and adding a few other ingredients. They freeze well, too. I used Quaker Natural Granola with Oats, Honey & Raisins because that is what I had on hand. The slivered almonds are really yummy in the muffins. And, I also 'made' my own buttermilk by adding 3 tablespoons of lemon juice to regular skim milk before combining the wet ingredients.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups skim milk buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 6 cups granola cereal (with oats, honey & raisins)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 36 muffin tins with paper liners or spray with non-stick spray.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, sugar, oil and mayonnaise. Pour this into the dry ingredients and and mix lightly to combine.
- Fold in granola and cranberries (or 1/2 cup more raisins) until evenly distributed in batter.
- Divide batter among the 36 muffin cups, filling almost to the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool a bit on a wire rack before serving.