Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I used to have a lot of fun making this with my kids, but now they make it on their own, which is even more fun for me!
- 3 cups granola cereal
- 3 ounces chow mein noodles
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup dried banana chips
- 1⁄2 cup dried apple chips
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine granola cereal, chow mein noodles, and peanuts; stir well.
- Spread mixture evenly in a 15- x 10- x 1-inch jellyroll pan; pour margarine over granola mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F.
- for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Stir in raisins, banana chips, apple chips, and chocolate chips.
- Store mixture in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
This was really good and really easy to make. I added some light brown sugar and dried cherries to the batch. I am surprised at the one star rating!!! And, I am glad I made it anyway! Honestly, if you want to make a healthy snack that the kids will eat up.... this is it!!!