Top Review by WI Cheesehead
I tagged this bcz it looked quick and easy. I was right. It took me 10 minutes tops. I didn't do all the steps. I just threw it all in and mixed with a spoon. Worked fine. I have my own PB Ball recipe that my kids like. This recipe turned out a little moister (and I added some oat bran and flax seed too). But the moistness ensures easier forming. Anyways, I used 1/3 C milk powder and my homemade granola. Wonderful flavor! My DD liked the taste, but not the crunch of the granola in it. So I guess I'll have to make the other ones for her. But this is quick and easy, and I'm sure my 4 yo will devour it! I keep my PB balls in the fridge. I didn't roll in the granola, just mixed it all in.
- 1⁄2 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (Creamy or Chunky will work just fine)
- 1 1⁄2 cups granola cereal (Of course I use Healthy Granola Healthy Granola.)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine the milk powder, honey and peanut butter; stir in 3/4 cup of the granola.
- Stir well with a wooden spoon to blend.
- Lightly moisten your hands and knead mixture 5 to 6 times; adding more milk powder if the mixture is overly sticky.
- Shape mixture into 3/4 inch balls or can be shaped into logs; roll in the remaining granola.