Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Well not really garbage all the good stuff - they are chewy but firm. This recipe was adapted from the BHG Food Gifts 2012 magazine and found on Lady Behind the Curtain. Might have to add more granola if it's wet.
- 3⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups granola cereal, large clusters broken up
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup honey-roasted almond, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 / cup peanut butter chips
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate, baking pieces melted
- Line a 8x8-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over the edges of the pan.
- Grease foil; set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine brown sugar, honey, butter, and peanut butter.
- Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; reduce heat, simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl stir together granola, sunflower kernels, peanut, almonds and peanut butter pieces.
- Add brown sugar mixture to granola mixture; toss to combine.
- Immediately press granola mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- Chill about 15 minutes or until firm.
- Use foil to lift uncut bars out of pan.
- Place on a cutting board; cut into 8x1-inch bars.
- Transfer bars to a sheet of waxed paper.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Let stand about 15 minutes or until chocolate is set.