Recipe by pedspeech
I found this recipe in a Rachael Ray magazine and needed to use up some granola. Calls for one inch thick slices of bread (couldn't get the recipe to format correctly with this information). I made it without the topping since I was just cooking for my kids, but I'm sure that would make it even better!
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 cup fresh raspberries or 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 3 cups granola cereal
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 8 thick slices challah
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, heat the jam and 1/4 cup water over medium heat. Stir in the rasberries and remove from the heat.
- Using a food processor, grind the granola into fine crumbs; transfer to a wide shallow bowl. In a medium bowl, heat the eggs and milk. Add the bread and soak until saturated. In batches, transfer the bread to the granola crumbs, heavily coating each slice.
- In a large, heavy skillet, melt 2 1/2 Tbsp butter over medium heat. Working in batches, add the granola-coated bread and cook, turning occasionally, until golden, about 6 minutes per side. Repeat with the remaining butter and bread slices. Serve warm with the raspberry sauce.