Recipe source: California Fig Advisory Board. I found this recipe in the Sept.30/89 issue of the Winnipeg Free Press. Haven't tried it but it looks good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop figs in a food processor with an off and on motion.
- 2Add sugar and lemon juice, blending till smooth.
- 3Combine granola, brown sugar, flour and almonds in a large mixing bowl.
- 4Reserve 4 cups of this mixture.
- 5Press remaining mixture evenly into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- 6Spread filling over top and cover with remaining 4 cups of granola mixture; press lightly with hands.
- 7Bake at 375 degF for about 25 minutes or until golden.
- 8Cut while still warm.
- 9Serve as a dessert (12 servings), topped with whipped cream or ice cream.
- 10Can also be cut into 32 bars.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Granola Fig Bars
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 797.1
- Calories from Fat 398
- Total Fat 44.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 190.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 56.8 g
- Protein 13.7 g