Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Recipe source: California Fig Advisory Board. I found this recipe in the Sept.30/89 issue of the Winnipeg Free Press. Haven't tried it but it looks good.
- Chop figs in a food processor with an off and on motion.
- Add sugar and lemon juice, blending till smooth.
- Combine granola, brown sugar, flour and almonds in a large mixing bowl.
- Reserve 4 cups of this mixture.
- Press remaining mixture evenly into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Spread filling over top and cover with remaining 4 cups of granola mixture; press lightly with hands.
- Bake at 375 degF for about 25 minutes or until golden.
- Cut while still warm.
- Serve as a dessert (12 servings), topped with whipped cream or ice cream.
- Can also be cut into 32 bars.