Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Wholesome snack, great topping for vanilla yogurt
Make and share this Granola Extreme recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups old fashion oatmeal
- 1 cup raw wheat flakes
- 1 cup raw buckwheat flakes
- 1 cup raw barley
- 1⁄4 cup raw sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 3⁄4 cup raw wheat germ
- 1 1⁄2 cups raw chopped nuts (cashews, brazil nut, walnuts, almonds)
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup buckwheat honey
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup banana chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 cups dried fruits (raisins, golden raisins, cranraisins, diced dates, chopped apricots, apples, chopped pineapple, chop)
- Preheat oven 300' degrees.
- Spray 2 baking sheets (with sides) with with pan spray.
- In very large bowl mix first 9 ingredients.
- In sauce pan combine brown sugar, water, oil, honey, salt and vanilla cook over medium heat til sugar dissolves stirring constantly, do not boil.
- Immediately pour over cereals and nuts, toss quickly to coat all.
- Divide onto prepared pans bake 30 minutes each, stir during baking to brown evenly.
- When golden brown remove from oven, allow to cool.
- Add banana chips, coconut chips and dried fruits and toss.
- Store in airtight container.