1/3 Photos of Granola Cookies
I hate cooked oatmeal, so was looking for a different way to eat it and combine it with some other healthy ingredients. This is what I came up with. Kid friendly!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease glass pan with cooking spray.
- 3Grind flax seeds in a blender or coffee grinder. This will yield about 1/3 cup of flax seed meal.
- 4Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix. (do not include fillers yet).
- 5Add wet ingredients and mix well with your hands. You may need to add a little more honey if it doesn't seem to be sticking together.
- 6Add whatever you want to flavor your granola bars.
- 7Suggestions: dried fruit, raisins, nuts, baking chips (chocolate, white chocolate, peanut butter, butterscotch -- ) I usually add chocolate chips and sliced almonds. Continue to mix well with hands.
- 8Dump mixture into your greased pan and spread out flat. (If using a 9x13 pan, the mixture will not reach all the sides. It doesn't really matter as long as it's flat. The edges just won't be perfect --.
- 9Bake until it's just starting to turn golden on top. It will be puffy and soft. This will take 15 - 20 minutes. Check often, and don't overcook. Cut while still warm and let cool a few minutes in the pan.
- 10When hard enough to move, place on wire racks to cool completely.
- 11Store in paper bags.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Granola Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.7
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 183.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 5.1 g