Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are a nice winter treat. I usually make a double batch and add some to my Christmas cookie tray.
- 1 cup granola cereal
- 1 cup sweetened coconut, shredded
- 3 cups popcorn, popped
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, combine next 3 ingredients over a medium-low heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves.
- Attach candy thermometer to the side of pan.
- Increase heat to medium and bring to a boil.
- DO NOT STIR WHILE SYRUP IS BOILING.
- Cook until syrup reaches soft boil (234-240°F).
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter.
- Pour over popcorn mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
- Shape into 2-inch balls, place on waxed paper to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
My husband has been bugging me for a coconut popcorn like his mom bought him for Easter - I think this will be it if I leave out the granola and p-nut butter - thank you thank you thank you!