Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
And you thought chocolate chip cookies couldn't be improved on! Granola adds extra flavour and crunch to these tasty treats.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups granola cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In large mixing bowl; combine butter and both sugars and beat until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beating until fluffy.
- Combine flour, salt and soda; add to creamed mixture and stir until blended.
- Stir in granola and chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto a non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
I enjoyed these cookies! I used Harry and David Crater Lake Crunch trail mix (I plucked out the banana chips, though) and made some delicious cookies! Thank you for this recipe!
Just made these and couldn't be happier! Used two different kinds of granola (pecan vanilla and cranberry with raisin) and only had 2 cups worth. I added 1 cup oatmeal and it was perfect. Instead of chocolate chips I used peanut butter chips and I think that made it really great. These are soft cookies and once they were getting golden, I took them out. I made mine big so I yielded 40 cookies total. Great recipe to play with.
Easy and delicious. I cut the sugar down by a 1/4 of a cup and added a teaspoon of cinnamon. My husband loved them!