And you thought chocolate chip cookies couldn't be improved on! Granola adds extra flavour and crunch to these tasty treats.
- In large mixing bowl; combine butter and both sugars and beat until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beating until fluffy.
- Combine flour, salt and soda; add to creamed mixture and stir until blended.
- Stir in granola and chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto a non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Just made these and couldn't be happier! Used two different kinds of granola (pecan vanilla and cranberry with raisin) and only had 2 cups worth. I added 1 cup oatmeal and it was perfect. Instead of chocolate chips I used peanut butter chips and I think that made it really great. These are soft cookies and once they were getting golden, I took them out. I made mine big so I yielded 40 cookies total. Great recipe to play with.
Easy and delicious. I cut the sugar down by a 1/4 of a cup and added a teaspoon of cinnamon. My husband loved them!
Excellent cookies! Used Enjolinfam's Breakfast Granola #241386 for the granola in these cookies. Was also able to make these gluten free although I did need to add about 1/4 cup of gluten free flour to keep them from spreading, but that's usual with the flour mix that I use. Thanks for posting this recipe Crystal. I will be making these often. Made for Sweet Delights Tag March 2010.