Recipe by Boomette
I made this bread from the blog Cookie Madness (http://www.cookiemadness.net/?p=5167) and it's really good. A bit dry but a great taste and healthy.
Top Review by Jean E.
I made my batter into mini muffins and really liked it. This is a very dense batter, but I love that is only has 1/2 cup sugar. So many recipes are loaded with sweetener. Great little muffins for a start to the day.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole grain flour (6.7 oz, I used all purpose flour) or 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour (6.7 oz, I used all purpose flour)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, grated
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup golden brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 cups granola cereal
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×5 inch loaf pan with flour-added cooking spray.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the carrots, oil, sugar, eggs, milk and granola.
- Add the flour mixture to the granola mixture and stir gently until mixed. Pour mixture into greased pan and bake for 55-60 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Turn from pan.