1 hr 5 mins
I came up with this after reviewing countless granola recipes and finding something to change in all of them. I love granola and eat it with (rice) milk, on plain yogurt or alone as a snack.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven 350º F/ 177º Celsius.
- 2In a large bowl, mix oats, wheat germ, flax meal, coconut, cinnamon and salt.
- 3In a microwavable container, combine honey, oil, sugar and molasses and microwave on high 1-2 minutes until hot, but not boiling.
- 4Add vanilla to wet ingredients and stir well.
- 5Add wet ingredients to oat mixture and stir until all the oat mix is moistened.
- 6Add almonds and toss.
- 7Pour evenly onto jellyroll pan lined with parchment paper.
- 8Bake 25-30 minutes, stirring once at about 15 minutes (if it smells like it's starting to burn, remove immediately and it will likely still turn out tasty).
- 9Remove from oven and immediately stir in raisins and/or dried fruit of your choice.
- 10Occasionally stir in the cooling process and once cool, transfer to an airtight container. If you like super chunky granola, let it cool without stirring and break up the cooled pieces.
- 11*Vegan option: Use maple syrup in place of the honey.
- 12Note: If you have a coffee grinder, it's a helpful tool to mill flax seeds into flax meal.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Granola by Kris
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.8
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 37.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 28.7 g
- Protein 9.8 g