Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Moist and delicious - sure to be a winner with everyone in the family.
- 2 cups old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup dark seedless raisins
- 1⁄2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 13"x9" metal baking pan. Line pan with foil; grease foil.
- In a large bowl, with a wooden spoon, mix oats, flour, brown sugar, raisins, wheat germ, salt, and cinnamon until combined. Stir in vegetable oil and remaining ingredients until blended.
- With wet hand, pat oat mixture into pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, until pale golden around edges.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- When cool, transfer with foil to cutting board. Cut lengthwise into 4 strips, then cut each strip crosswise into 6 pieces.