Recipe by Chef LindaV
Very Good, Easy, No Cook/Bake Candy Recipe. Found it in a 20 yr old Betty Crocker booklet and it is not listed on their web site. It is very sweet and rich, just one curbs the sweet tooth! Plus it doesn't seem like they are pure junk food with the granola in them. You really don't taste or see the granola if mixed really well, it is just a good peanut butter candy. This is 1/2 the original recipe.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 cup granola cereal, I used Kashi Mountain Medley
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, milk choclate chips would be good also
- 1 cup finely chopped honey roasted peanuts, walnuts are also good
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 4 ingredients very well, until everything is fully coated with the peanut butter. Shape into 1 inch balls ( 1/2 inch would be great too!, 1 inch might be too large for some people or little kids ).
- Refrigerate for about 1 hr 15 minutes or until firm.
- Melt the choc chips, I melted them in a glass corning ware with lid on in the microwave. Added about 2 Tbsp of water to them to make it thinner while mixing several times. Took about 3 minutes.
- Dip the granola balls in choc then roll in nuts. Place on wax paper in loosely covered container and refrigerate for at least an hour.