Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A nice change from ordinary blueberry muffins. Adds a good crunch.
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granola cereal, slightly crushed
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease bottoms only of 12 muffin cups.
- Beat egg, stir in buttermilk, brown sugar and oil.
- Stir in granola, flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda just until all dry particles are moistened.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full.
- Bake until golden brown about 20-25 minutes.
- Cool one minute in pan, then remove and cool on wire racks.
I imagine these vary quite a bit depending on your granola. They were good, but I could stand them to be a little sweeter. I might try next time to substitute applesauce for the oil.
We love these muffins. Very subtle taste, not overly sweet, appealing texture with the crunch of granola. Easy to make, and they didn't rise and spill over the muffin tops, for which I was glad! I got exactly 12 muffins, and they are delicious. I would make these again in a snap! Great recipe.