Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great for the whole family. (This is the Gluten Free flour mix that i use: 2 cups brown rice flour, 2/3 cup potato starch, 1/3 cup tapioca flour)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup flour (see recipe description)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1⁄2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1⁄2 cup nuts or 1⁄2 cup fruit, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons acai berries, dried powder
- 2 tablespoons goji berries, dried powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix sugar and oil. Add egg, and then honey, peanut butter, and vanilla.
- In a seperate bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, ground flax, goji and acai.
- Combine together.
- Mix in rice cereal, fruit/nuts, coconut, chocolate chips.
- Oil a 9 x 13 pan.
- Press mixture into pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Thanks so much for posting this recipe! There are so many things I like about this recipe. First of all the bar came out great--just the right texture, not too crumbly or too soft. I like the fact that you can substitute many of the ingredients depending on what you like and what you have on hand. Since I did not have any GF crispy rice cereal, I used GF rolled oats and it turned out delicious. Also, the coconut oil, sugar, honey and peanut butter make a fantastic base for this mixture--not mention that coconut oil and peanut butter taste fantastic together! Flaked coconut and chocolate chips are also a delicious duo. This recipe was an answer to prayer.
We do love granola bars, whether as a snack or as part of a quick breakfast! It took a bit of doing for me to get all the ingredients together, & now that I have 'em, I'll be making this recipe again & again, because, in a word, these bars are DELICIOUS! Instead of the either of on the nuts & dried fruit, I did a combo of chopped almonds & mixed dried fruit ~ Very, very tasty! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]