woodland hues's Note:
You'd think there's only so many variations on granola bars, and yet here's one that's new to me, and it's easy and fun, and an open invitation to play with amounts and combinations, so play and munch away! This recipe comes from the back of the Rogers Large Flake Oats bag.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the oats, rice cereal, coconut, nuts, seeds, and dried fruit selections in a large bowl and set aside.
- 2Combine butter or margarine, honey and brown sugar in a large pot and stir over medium heat to melt the butter. When it begins to bubble, add dry ingredients and stir well. Continue stirring for about 7 minutes. Mixture may turn a golden brown but avoid over-browning by reducing heat.
- 3Press firmly into a lightly greased 9" x 13" pan. Let cool before cutting into bars. Bars can be wrapped individually in cling wrap.
- 4Suggestions for above combos:.
- 5Seeds: sesame, sunflower, pumpkin.
- 6Nuts: almonds, hazelnuts, pecans, walnuts.
- 7Dried fruit: raisins, cranberries, apricots, dates, apples.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Granola Bars - Designed Your Way
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.4
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 74.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 18.4 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: