Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Chewy and sweet, very yummy--packed with goodness!
- 3⁄4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup crispy rice cereal
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3⁄4 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup powdered milk
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat baking sheet and 8 x 8 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Spread first 3 ingredients on baking sheet. Bake, stirring occasionally,until oats are toasted, about 10 minutes.
- Place next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. When oat mixture comes out of the oven; add to the large bowl.
- Combine corn syrup and sugar in a saucepan over medium high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, stir in peanut butter, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Quickly pour syrup over oatmeal mixture and stir well. With spatula (coated in cooking.spray), immediately spread warm mixture into the 8 x 8 inch pan, pressing into an even layer.(Caution: If you work too slowly, the mixture will harden and be difficult to spread.) Quick.chill in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Cut into bars. Individually wrap in wax paper or store in airtight container with waxed paper between layers. They will stay fresh for 4 weeks in the refrigerator or can be frozen.