Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I saw this on the food network. I tweaked it a little and my kids LOVED IT!!!!
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1 1⁄2 cups honey
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus extra
- unsalted butter, for pan
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups dried fruit, chopped
- Butter a 9 by 9-inch glass baking dish and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread the oats, almonds, and wheat germ onto a half-sheet pan. Place in the oven and toast for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime, combine the honey, brown sugar, butter, extract and salt in a medium saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook until the brown sugar has completely dissolved.
- Once the oat mixture is done, remove it from the oven and reduce the heat to 300 degrees F. Immediately add the oat mixture to the liquid mixture, add the dried fruit, and stir to combine. Turn mixture out into the prepared baking dish and press down, evenly distributing the mixture in the dish and place in the oven to bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Cut into squares and store in an airtight container for up to a week.