Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Soft Granola bars, my son loves them! I revised the directions to reflect some particular things that a reviewer mentioned.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (natural without hydrogenated oil works best)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Toast oats, coconut and oil in oven on 350 for 15 min in a 9 by 13 casserole dish, turning every 5 minute.
- In med size mixing bowl mix peanut butter, sweetened condensed milk, egg and choco chips. (if you are adding the chocolate chips, you will need to allow the mixture to cool before adding them in).
- Add oat mixture and mix well.
- Grease pan with a small amount of butter or oil.
- Smooth mixture evenly into pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 min, until the edges begin to brown. allow to cool for a few minutes, then cut.
- ENJOY! store in a ziplock bag.
I had to revise my first review because these keep get better as they sit. Mine did turn out a little too crumbly. I think I did not have the pan oiled well enough (they were sticking) and maybe I tried cutting them when they were still too warm. Also, my chocolate chips melted instead of staying in chips. I think it would have been better to let the oats cool a little more before mixing it all together. They do taste good.