These are best stored indivdually wrapped in waxed paper and frozen --- here's a tip, if you plan on making these on a regular basis just keep all ingredients from step#5 already measured in a ziploc plastic bag in the fridge (except the egg) this will save some time when preparing, and there will be no measuring to do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup canola oil or 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup honey (or 1/2 cup half maple syrup and half honey)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups granola cereal
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or 1/4 cup cherries
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2/3 cup coarsley chopped pecans or 2/3 cup almonds
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Set oven rack to bottom-lowest position.
- 3Line a 9 x 9-inch pan with parchment paper (leave some overhang).
- 4In a large bowl, stir together the oil or melted butter (if using), honey and/or maple syrup and vanilla.
- 5Blend in granola, marshmallows, coconut, dates, raisins, cinnamon, cherries OR cranberries, salt, flour, rice crispies cereal, sesame seeds and pecans (if mixture does not hold together in a somewhat weird sticky way, stir in a bit more oil and one egg).
- 6Spoon into prepared pan, and place the pan on a baking sheet.
- 7Bake on lowest oven rack for 18-22 minutes, or until it seems set.
- 8Refrigerate for about an hour before cutting into squares.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Granola Bars
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.3
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 114.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 34.1 g
- Protein 4.8 g