Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are best stored indivdually wrapped in waxed paper and frozen --- here's a tip, if you plan on making these on a regular basis just keep all ingredients from step#5 already measured in a ziploc plastic bag in the fridge (except the egg) this will save some time when preparing, and there will be no measuring to do!
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil or 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup honey (or 1/2 cup half maple syrup and half honey)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups granola cereal
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄4 cup cherries
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2⁄3 cup coarsley chopped pecans or 2⁄3 cup almonds
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Set oven rack to bottom-lowest position.
- Line a 9 x 9-inch pan with parchment paper (leave some overhang).
- In a large bowl, stir together the oil or melted butter (if using), honey and/or maple syrup and vanilla.
- Blend in granola, marshmallows, coconut, dates, raisins, cinnamon, cherries OR cranberries, salt, flour, rice crispies cereal, sesame seeds and pecans (if mixture does not hold together in a somewhat weird sticky way, stir in a bit more oil and one egg).
- Spoon into prepared pan, and place the pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake on lowest oven rack for 18-22 minutes, or until it seems set.
- Refrigerate for about an hour before cutting into squares.