Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here is an easy basic recipe to make whatever kind of granola bar you're craving! Our personal favourite is coconut, walnut, chocolate chip and skor - but the possibilities are ENDLESS!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1 (4 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups nuts (walnuts, sunflower seeds, pecans) or 4 cups chocolate chips (and other baking chips) or 4 cups coconut or 4 cups dried fruit (raisins, cherries, mangoes)
- Choose ANY combination of the 4 cup dry ingredients - mix and match!
- Melt butter or peanut butter (can use combination of both).
- Add all other ingredients and mix.
- Line 9x13 pan or high edged cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Spray wax paper with Pam or cooking oil.
- Spread mixture evenly onto pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until light toasty brown.
- Cool and cut into preferred piece size.
I don't know what I missed, but the "bars" wouldn't stay together and we had to spoon it to serve and eat. The taste was good, but this isn't a bar. More like a crumb topping.
These were quick, easy and tasty! I used chunky peanut butter and they turned out great. Thanks!
This was easy to make and tasted good. The texture was a little dry, but still enjoyable with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate. They held together really well. We only added three cups of stuff, becasue that's what we had on hand--sunflower seeds, dried pineapple, and golden raisins. I used mostly butter with just a large spoonful of peanut butter. I didn't have waxed paper or cooking spray so I buttered the pan and they came out fine. The whole family enjoyed them. I can't imagine why somebody gave it only one star and no comments.