Recipe by KRD-SK
Here is an easy basic recipe to make whatever kind of granola bar you're craving! Our personal favourite is coconut, walnut, chocolate chip and skor - but the possibilities are ENDLESS!
Top Review by christineladewig
I don't know what I missed, but the "bars" wouldn't stay together and we had to spoon it to serve and eat. The taste was good, but this isn't a bar. More like a crumb topping.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1 (4 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups nuts (walnuts, sunflower seeds, pecans) or 4 cups chocolate chips (and other baking chips) or 4 cups coconut or 4 cups dried fruit (raisins, cherries, mangoes)
Directions See How It's Made
- Choose ANY combination of the 4 cup dry ingredients - mix and match!
- Melt butter or peanut butter (can use combination of both).
- Add all other ingredients and mix.
- Line 9x13 pan or high edged cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Spray wax paper with Pam or cooking oil.
- Spread mixture evenly onto pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until light toasty brown.
- Cool and cut into preferred piece size.