Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
Granola that can easily be turned into any type of bar! This is best made with Real Maple Syrup perferrably from the back country of Maine.
- 20 ounces whole oats
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup pecans
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup almonds
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄2 cup bananas or 1⁄2 cup pineapple
granola bar mix
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Chop nuts.
- Combine in a large mixing bowl oats, nuts, and brown sugar.
- Add Syrup and mix well.
- Place mixture on a non-stick half baking sheet and place in oven.
- Stir ever 15 min for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. The more you stir the more even the crunch!
- For Granola bars:.
- Preheat oven at 250 degrees.
- Combine peanut butter and syrup in a non-stick pan.
- Leave on low heat until ingredient are mingled.
- Add honey and stir vigorously.
- Add 1/2 of granola recipe.
- Press into baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 30 min granola should be golden brown.
- Drizzle honey over top and cut with a pizza cutter!`.