Recipe by cooking_geek
Alton Brown's (the Good Eats guy!) Granola! Good over yogurt!
Top Review by Mindelicious
I made this to go along with Christmas baskets and used cranberries instead of raisins for more of a holiday feel. This was received very well. Great with almond milk poured over top! Thanks for a great granola recipe without a bunch of crazy ingredients!! UPDATE: I have made this again and used applesauce instead of the oil and it really worked. Couldn't tell a difference and it was a bit healthier. Also, used raisins this time and subbed walnuts for cashews & it was absolutley enjoyable!! Thanks again!!
- 709.77 ml rolled oats
- 236.59 ml slivered almonds
- 236.59 ml cashews
- 177.44 ml shredded sweetened coconut
- 88.74 ml dark brown sugar
- 88.74 ml maple syrup
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 3.69 ml salt
- 236.59 ml raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, coconut, and brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, oil, and salt.
- Combine both mixtures and pour onto 2 sheet pans.
- Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to achieve an even color.
- Remove from oven and transfer into a large bowl.
- Add raisins and mix until evenly distributed.