Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
The orange zest is a great eye opener in the morning.
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil or 2 tablespoons expeller-pressed canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine thoroughly everything but the cinnamon.
- Spread on a greased baking pan that has a rim.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 20 minutes stirring a few times.
- Cool and store in zip-lock bags in the freezer.
This was very good! I used what I had on hand. Instead of sunflower seeds I used chopped pecans and sweetened coconut for the unsweetened. I thought I wouldn't like the orange zest but I did. I only used 1 t. of cinnamon and wish I had used more. Thanks for posting!
4 1/2 stars. This is good. I used less honey with dark brown sugar as per my favorite recipe. I also used less cinnamon as it seemed a lot & a bit less orange zest because I didn't have enough. I also slightly heated the vanilla (I used halal vanilla paste), creamed honey and canola oil as also per my favorite granola recipe. I made Recipe #164270 with this which was good. But I won't make this again because I don't like sesame seeds in this.
My kids & I loved this! We substituted sunflower seed kernels for the sesame seeds & added 1 cup dried cranberries. The orange zest made this outstanding! And so easy to make!