Another favorite recipe from my grandmother.
Make and share this Granola recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325°F Lightly grease a large baking pan.
- Combine oats and almonds on the pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and honey, stirring well.
- Pour honey mixture over oats and almonds and mix well.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon over the oat mixture, and mix together.
- Bake until light brown, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from oven and stir in coconut. Return to oven and continue to bake until the mixture is brown, about 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from oven and stir in raisins or dried cranberries. Allow to cool, stirring periodically.
- Store in tightly covered container.
This was delicious! I used dried cherries and added a bit of nutmeg and a pinch of salt! Perfect for my morning yogurt! Made for PAC Fall 2012
So delicious! I made just as directed, using raisins and lots of cinnamon. I've been munching this plain all afternoon; looking forward to enjoying with yogurt for breakfast in the morning. Thanks for sharing a great recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2013
Nothing like homemade granola, especially as fall sets in. Made this the other day and have been enjoying it the last few mornings with yogurt - quite delicious and not too sweet as someone else mentioned too. Thanks Starry!