Recipe by GenaParris
This recipe has been adapted from several granola recipes in the "More-with- Less Cookbook". It is a cost effective recipe that I love to have on hand for our own breakfasts or to bring along with yogurt to share at a mom's group.
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3 cups mixed nuts and dried fruit (coconut, sunflower kernels, wheat germ, sesame seed, nuts, soy nuts, raisins)
- 1 cup brown sugar or 1 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup oil (1/2 cup if using honey)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Bring oil and sugar to a boil.
- Pour over dry ingredients and mix thoroughly and quickly to keep sugar from clumping. Mixing with hands can help with this.
- Spread on 2 greased cookie sheets.
- Bake about 30 minutes, stirring often.
- Allow to cool and then break into small pieces.
- Serve with milk, yogurt or over fresh fruit.