Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I make this recipe often and usually double it. You can play around with it and add different dried fruits and different nuts. I usually omit the coconut (my husband doesn't like it) and add walnuts. Enjoy!
- 2 1⁄2 cups Quaker Oats
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds, shelled
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- Mix together first six ingredients.
- Heat honey in microwave for 1 minute. Add honey and canola oil to dry ingredients. Spread onto cookie sheet. Bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and add cranberries and apricots.
Chock full of nutty awesomeness. Eat more? Ok, if you insist. Made for PAC Spring 2011.
I have been trying to stick to a diet and was looking for something sweet but still within my "gotta have it now sweet stuff". And this hit the spot. Easy, good, sweet, and low cal and fat. I even feel good sharing it with my 2 minpins. They go nuts at the aroma of it baking in the oven. This make more than enough to share with friends and pets a like! I added dried blueberries for a little zip and I just love the smell!