Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This yummy granola comes from the Gooseberry Patch girls. Had this at a brunch this morning served with strawberry and vanilla yogurt. A very yummy combination! This makes 9 cups so I've allowed 1/2 cup per serving for nutrient content.
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 2 cups whole grain wheat flakes cereal
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the first 8 ingredients in an ungreased 13 x 9 pan; mix well and set aside.
- Melt together butter, honey and vanilla in a small pan over low heat.
- Pour this over the dry mixture, tossing to coat.
- Bake 350 for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container.
- Sprinkle over yogurt for a tasty breakfast.
What an easy and wonderful way to make granola. I could taste the parts as I read. I look forward to trying your recipe. thanks.