Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 cups regular rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped almonds or 1⁄2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup honey or 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup cooking oil
- combine the oats, coconut, almonds or peanuts, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds.
- Combine honey or syrup and oil.
- stir into oat mixture. spread evenly in a greased 15 by 10 by 1 inch baking pan. bake in 300 oven for 30 to 35 minutes or till lightly browned. stirring for 20 minutes.
- remove from oven. immediately turn out onto large pieces of foil. cool; break into clumps.
- Cover tightly and store at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. For longer storage, seal in freezer bags and freeze. Makes 6 cups (12 1/2 cups servings).