- 8 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a large bowl, mix oats, brown sugar, ground flaxseed, cinnamon and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix corn syrup, oil and vanilla extract.
- Pour oil mix into oat mix, make sure oats are evenly coated.
- Divide mixture evenly between two jelly roll pans.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. The mixture will seem a little moist, but it will harden up as it cools.
- Let cool for 1/2 hour, break apart and store in an airtight container up to 1 week.