Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This a super simple and cheap granola recipe. Would be good with nuts, coconut or dried fruit.
- 8 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a large bowl, mix oats, brown sugar, ground flaxseed, cinnamon and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix corn syrup, oil and vanilla extract.
- Pour oil mix into oat mix, make sure oats are evenly coated.
- Divide mixture evenly between two jelly roll pans.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. The mixture will seem a little moist, but it will harden up as it cools.
- Let cool for 1/2 hour, break apart and store in an airtight container up to 1 week.
this is a super easy, very yummy granola recipe! i followed the recipe, then i add extras later like raisins, craisin, or almonds. thanks for sharing!!
This is great, even my five year old loves it. I added pecans, slivered almonds and dried cranberries (stir in the cranberries after it's cooked and still warm or they get really chewy). Delicious!!
This is a great granola recipe. Because I don't always have everything, I revamped it a bit and like it even more. Instead of 1/2 C Corn Syrup, I used 1/4 C of Corn Syrup and 1/4 C Pure Maple Syrup. I also added 1 C chopped almonds. Yum yum! My entire family loves it!