Prep 14 mins
Cook 46 mins
From Martha Stewart
Make and share this Granola recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons flax seed oil, plus more
- flax seed oil, for pan
- 4 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 3⁄4 cup whole almond, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup dried mission figs, quartered lengthwise
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- Heat oven to 350°F/ 176°C Place coconut on ungreased sheet, and toast until light golden, about 6 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300°F/ 148°C Lightly oil two baking pans. In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, flax seeds, wheat germ, pumpkin seeds, and almonds; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring cider to a boil; cook until liquid has reduced to 1/2 cup, about 7 minutes. Stir in oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and vanilla extract. Remove pan from heat, pour liquid over oat mixture, and combine thoroughly.
- Divide mixture between baking pans, and bake until golden brown, about 40 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Transfer to a large bowl, and stir in dried cranberries, figs, and toasted coconut. Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.