Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
simple but delicious.
- 3 cups rolled oats (I use multi-grain)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 1⁄8 cup maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2-2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup dates
- Mix all ingredients.
- For granola with chunks, Slowly stir in pot over low-medium heat until ingredients become sticky and form clumps (it will be somewhat hard to stir). If you need to add more water, do so.
- Dump mixture onto 2 large jelly-roll pans, spread evenly.
- Bake at 300 F for 1 - 1 1/2 hours (less time is needed for the granola with no chunks), stirring every 15-20 minutes. Granola will be a golden brown when it is ready.
- Cool granola by spreading it out on flattened paper grocery bags.
- *you may want to not add the dates until the end*.