Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
a healthy snack
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- Line 1 cookie sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
- Cook brown sugar and water in microwave until sugar is dissolved. Remove from microwave, add vanilla extract and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, nuts, and brown sugar syrup mixture. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Stir in honey. Spread the granola onto cookie sheets and bake 45 minutes to 1 hour or until golden and crunchy.
- When the mixture comes out of the oven. You may choose to add in dried fruit. When granola has cooled completely, store in an airtight container.
The honey is added in during step 4.
Very tasty granola. I stirred this every 15 minutes so that it would brown evenly, and the almonds still went a little darker than I'd hoped. I think I'd prefer adding them halfway through the cooking time. After this was done I added some dried cranberries and chopped cashews. Nice base recipe. Can't wait to experiment with it a bit more. Thanks chen! Made for PAC Spring 2008.
I'd like to try this but there's no instructions on how to use the honey-I can't contact the submitter so I hope someone can fix this. Thanks!