Prep 8 mins
Cook 1 hr
From a friend... amazing recipe!
- 8 cups large flake rolled oats
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup whole almond
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup whole cashews
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup maple syrup (maple syrup preferred) or 1 cup honey (maple syrup preferred)
- 1 cup canola oil or 1 cup sunflower oil
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large roasting pan. Warm oil and maple syrup together in a 4 cup Pyrex measuring cup in the microwave. Stir, and then drizzle over entire mixture. Stir until evenly coated. Place in a pre-heated 300 degree oven.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Turn off the oven. Open the door and let mixture cool before removing from the pan. It will become nice and crunchy!
- Serve with plain yogurt and fresh fruit or pour a little soymilk over and add fresh apple! Enjoy!