Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a good cheap homemade granola. Recipe from Dining On A Dime. You can also add wheat gern, coconut, nuts, and dried fruits.
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 5 cups oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup dry milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Mix brown sugar, oil, and honey in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large cake pan.
- Pour syrup over dry mixture and mix well.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Let cool in pan. Add raisins and stir.
- Store in an airthight container.
This is a really great tasting granola. The baking time is off, but I have made this exact recipe just have to cook for longer.
This was not granola at all. I followed the recipe exactly and the "granola" would not harden, it was mushy and I had to cook it for over an hour before I gave up.