Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My cereal of choice! This recipe makes a bunch, but you can store it airtight up to 6 months.
- 10 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 lb coconut, shredded
- 2 cups sunflower seeds, raw
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 3 cups nuts, chopped (combination of almonds, pecans, walnuts)
- 1 1⁄2 cups raw sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a very large bowl.
- Heat syrup ingredients in a large kettle until sugar dissolves-DO NOT boil.
- Pour syrup over dry ingredients and stir well to coat.
- Spread mixture into 5 9x13 pans or cookie sheets with sides.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 20-30 minutes, stirring several times.
- Can bake up to 15 minutes more for crunchier texture.
- Can add raisins or other dried fruit at this point.
- Great for cereal, on yogurt, or baked in a granola bar recipe.
Pretty yummy. Watch out, it makes a ton of granola.
Delicious and easy. I added extra cinnamon since we're cinnamon lovers. Wonderful granola! Thank you!!
Yummmm. Dh has been asking me to make granola for some time so today I obliged. I halved the recipe and didn't use as many nuts as called for since I didn't have them. I used about 1/4 cup of oil and it was just fine. Dh said he'd like it a little sweeter, but I thought it was great as written. He also thought the coconut was odd, but I like it a lot. I cooked it in two pans and to one, when cooled, added golden raisins. The other I left "fruit-less." The verdict is still out on which is better. Thanks for a good solid granola recipe!